Monday, January 7, 2013

Happy New Year!!

Well, how is everyone doing?  I know, I know, it has been a while since I have posted and I say that I am going to do better.  Well, as you can see, I haven't been doing so well.  I have been so looking forward to this year in hopes that it will be bigger and brighter for everyone.  Last year was an emotional roller coaster.  My son has been in the service for a year now and in December, he deployed to Afghanistan and will be there for nine months.  It was our first Christmas apart and boy did  I have a heavy heart; and still do.  I finally got to speak with him over the phone a couple of days ago and he sounded so good, it truly set my heart at ease and I can sleep a little easier at night.  As long as I am able to communicate with him, I am happy.  I was out of work for five months to tend to my mother while she was recovering, so getting back into the swing of things at work took some time, lol.  I've lost loved ones last year and heard of so many others who have lost loved ones.  It truly causes you to re-evaluaate your life and definitely not to take things for granted.  I have an exchange student from Germany and he will be with us until June. He has been wonderful while he has been here.  He and my son get along and we have learned alot from one another. 

On the business side of things, I have been disappointed with the lack of sales over the past year and I have been wresting with whether or not I should just close up shop and count my losses.  I know the economy is having a big impact on us small businesses everywhere and that I am not the only effected.  I made the decision to try one more year and see if things will improve.  Financially, it has been a strain; but I am thankful that I have a full-time job to keep me afloat.  I participated in several craft fairs and festivals in Georgia and Alabama and for the most part, I did fairly well.  There were a few shows that were truly disappointing.  I've done better in Georgia than I did in Alabama and not quite sure why that is.  I've branched out with some of my products and added handmade pendants, altered art and more handmade greeting cards.  Let's hope for a prosperous new year and let's see what it brings to my personal and business life.  Hope to see you around.

No comments:

Post a Comment