Sunday, July 24, 2011

A little piece of my heart is broken

This past Wednesday, I got a call from my son at work asking if I had seen our dog, Morgan, that morning. I told him not that I could recall. Our dogs stay close to home so I was worried. I came home from work and went around our neighborhood calling for him. We couldn't find him anywhere! I was really worried and upset. The next day I got up early and made some fliers to put up around the neighborhood.

For almost two more days, no Morgan. Saturday morning, I got up to put my other babies out and when I went to put the other two out, there was Morgan! I was so happy and ecstatic. I had to do a double-take. I let him in and he was wet and very skittish. He wanted to eat and that's when I noticed his tail or lack thereof. Most of his tail was gone. I have no idea what happened to him or where he had been.

Now I will admit that I am a crybaby and can get dramatic. So, when u saw his tail, my tears if joy turned to tears if sorrow for what he had been through and I couldn't keep him safe. Thankfully, my oldest son, knows how I am and he took Morgan to the vet. His tail was pretty bad, but he is going to be ok. He will be at the vet until tomorrow. I am very thankful; but felt bad that he came home and had to to straight to the vet. I kno, I can beat myself up about things. I had the support of friends to keep my spirits up and I know he is going to be fine. When he gets home, he will be right by my side. I love you Morgan!

You may ask, what makes Morgan special? Well I had another dog, Nyla, and she was my heart. I had her about 6 years. Well on December 2, 2009, my mother had a stroke. In that same day, my cat also had a stroke and had to be put to sleep. Later that same night, my son comes home and finds that Nyla had passed away. That was an emotional draining day for all of us. I can tell you that my mother is doing great. You would never know she had a stroke except for where part of her mouth droops on the right side. We were truly blessed, especially when some of her other friends have had a stroke and they haven't fared as well as she has. People have said that my animals took the brunt if it and that's why she is doing so well. She is driving, she has all her facilities, her mind us good and sometimes I think she is back stronger than ever. By the way, my mom is 74 years young.

Everyone at work was very supportive and a few if them decided to chip in and buy me another dog. Morgan symbolizes, my mother's strength, my cat and dog that I lost that day. That is why Morgan means so much to me, not to mention his sweet, loving personality. I can't wait for him to come home.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4

No comments:

Post a Comment