Friday, October 12, 2012

Where Does Time Go?

Well it's been one year ago today that my son left for Basic Training.  I can't believe that it's been that long ago.  Heck I can't believe that I have a 23 year old!  Yup, he turned 23 in September.  Where does the time go.  It seems like only yesterday that I gave birth to him and here he is a young man.  We have had our ups and downs but he is my first born and he was on my hip from day one.  I hated to leave him when I went back to work and I worried that he would think that my mother was his mother but my mother assured me that was not the case and from time to time he let me know that he knew who his mother was.  He was facinated with police cars growing up and look where he is now.  A soldier serving our country and becoming a man.  I am so proud of what he has become and who he is.  He doesn't like to show a lot of affection and that's ok, because his brother definitely makes up for the both of them. 

When I got pregnant with De-On I freaked out and didn't know what I was going to do.  I was 23 not married and his father wanted nothing to do with me after he found out I was pregnant.  It was a struggle being a single mother and raising a boy, I knew nothing about boys as my brother was 9 years older than me and my father left my mom when I was three.  But you know what, I'm proud of what I did accomplish.  I had my mother's support and Lord knows where I would be without her and of course, having God on my side.  My two young men have made their mother proud.  I love you both so much!


No comments:

Post a Comment